New Dynamic Org Chart Plugin

Home Page Forums Simple Intranet Support New Dynamic Org Chart Plugin

This topic contains 35 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by admin admin 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

We have 220 users and this new org chart plugin still squishes everything together. How do I just display the name, title and then make the font size smaller and add more space in between users?? It would be nice if I could attach a screen shot here to show you what I mean. Thanks!!

We have 300+ but I am only including top level management tiers, not every single employee. But agreed- it still squishes and I’d like to customize what is displayed for each user.
    David

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Well, typically most org charts will be limited / squished after 100 or so records…. but I’d like to see screenshots to see what we can do (upload a screenshot to your own WP install and past the link here to the file here). The D3 framework does have an option though I think to zoom in and out which could solve the issue… but in the next release of the Simple Dynamic Org chart due within a week, we are building in the ability to separate out departments to separate trees/charts which will also help. I’ll assume also that you both have tried different Full Width Page Templates that are included with most themes? We will keep working on this in the next few releases to get this done as best we can though…

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

And I’ll assume you have played with avatar sizing and width height and padding shortcode parameters? See here: https://www.simpleintranet.org/new-dynamic-org-chart-plugin/

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Thanks the full width template totally helped!! I can now see everyone’s pic and name however some of the department names and titles are over lapping. Is there a way to tell it to wrap to the next line when the dept. or title reaches a certain width? That would be awesome!

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

We will look at that issue for the next release out in a week with new parent linking functions etc..

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Thanks!!! Can you also look at adding an attribute for the starting position of the top person? Like put them in the center of the chart? Even if I display this with no template, the first person on the org chart is more left than center. This causes a few of the people on the far left to be cut off. It seems to span right as far as it needs to go but not left. Thanks again!!

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

We are having issues with margins in this version and so will look at fixing that for the next release yes…

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

THANK YOU!!

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

You are welcome.

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Hi, any ideas on the next release of this org chart? Please let me know. Thanks!

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Still testing and developer and Summer holidays so likely early September for next update.

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Thank you! Looking forward to it!!

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Ok

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Do you have a date in September when we will see the next version of this plugin?

Thanks,

Heather

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Not yet, but I have a new version now I’m testing which isn’t formatting correctly, so I hesitate to publish it yet. It’s a complex plugin so takes time to iron out bugs…

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Will this still be out sometime this week yet?

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

No sure. I saw a version last week from my developer that still needed formatting changes, and so will hope to have it out soon. This is a very complex add-on that uses a 3rd party framework, so formatting is difficult.

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Totally understand, thank you for the update!

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

OK

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Simple D3 Org Chart Version 1.1 is now available for download via the Members area (not plugin updater). It adds the ability to create multiple different org charts and adds a number of formatting parameters to the shortcodes for you to customize formatting. Auto updates are included in this version in the Plugins area for future updates, but this one you need to redownload from the Members area.

Note, please review and test various new shortcode options for formatting. Your formatting will depend on your theme, page template, browser, resolution, device and shortcode parameters used. As such we can not support design or specific CSS formatting issues, only plugin code issues. We haven’t included the option to import parent usermeta (direct report) user data at this point. This is very complex given the multiple chart shortcode formats available now, which was a priority for users (over imports). Please also bear in mind that this release and d3 code base is very complex and much testing and development time was required to get it this far. This org chart will not suit very large org charts or all use cases, so know that this is an extra add-on and we have done our best to deliver a well formatted and flexible extra bonus plugin to our users.

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Yay!! I’ll give it a try!

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

I de-activated version 1.0. Downloaded, installed and activated 1.1. It blew away all 220 employees I had in my org chart and now requires and id?!? So I setup one with an id of 0, added a few employees again. Then added it to my page like this:

[simple_org_chart id=”0″ width=2500 height=1200 mtop=10 mleft=100 m_right=100 img_w=60 img_h=60]

I’ve tried putting ” around the id and removing it, not working. The error I get is: No id provided.

Please help. Thank you.

Heather

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

You need to use the ID from the Dashboard / Org Chart / Listings area after you create your org chart. You may well lose your previous chart, and if so you can roll back to the earlier version. This new version will maintain updates via the Plugins area however.

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

That is the id from the dashboard org chart area.

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

You need to let the org chart id be generated after you create a new chart.

it@carlkliem.lu
    Participant

We have 2 managing directors … they need to be together at the top level.
    Also some departments managed by 2 persons. Same problem …
    Is it possible to manage such kind of situations with v. 1.1 ? i.e. create groups, acting as 1 people …

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

Sorry, we don’t have “coheads” built into this release… it is on the longer list of features for this plugin however. No estimate on timing at this point I’m afraid…

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

You could always create a singlet user with 2 names, and assign them at the top as a bandaid fix for now though…

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Ok I created a brand new one but the formatting still looks the same even with just 4 people setup. The CEO looks great, I click on him and the 2 reports overlap on title and department. Is there a way for me to add additional spacing in between users or wrap the title and department so they can only be a specific length? Also, the pics are not and have never come through. We are using 200X207px for the pic uploads and they look find in the employee and departments module. Maybe this module is not resizing them correctly?? Please let me know.

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

You are going to have to play with the settings/parameters. Change size of avatars etc. Our demos work/tested well… we did use larger avatar photos however than you. As per above post, please review and test various new shortcode options for formatting. Your formatting will depend on your theme, page template, browser, resolution, device and shortcode parameters used. As such we can not support design or specific CSS formatting issues, only plugin code issues.

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

[simple_org_chart id=”1475600348″ width=1400 height=1200 img_w=100 img_h=100]

This is what I have in there now and it overlaps the title. If I make the images img_w=200 img_h=207 they still don’t appear correctly. Am I missing a link somewhere between the employee pic and the org chart? Some setting? When I make them this big, the titles don’t overlap but this will never work for 220 employees. 3 fill up the page and again, their picture is not appearing. It didn’t on the last version either.

Do you have a text only version of this or a super simple org chart I can use?

Heather

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

No, I meant the original avatar images need to be big, but size them 80 pixels or so … you have to play with this, since I can’t troubleshoot.

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

Do you have a text only version?

heathece@srttel.com
    Participant

I reverted back to this. I’ll make it work. [org_chart width=’700′ height=’300′]

admin
    admin
    Keymaster

We have this version and the Google API version.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.