Duplicate Our Demo in 5 Minutes!
To save our Simple Intranet paid members time setting up an intranet, we now offer a preloaded demo site to import using the Duplicator WordPress plugin. The demo uses the Twenty Sixteen free theme and comes loaded with our top 10 most popular plugins pre-configured with suggested menus, shortcodes, settings, and widgets.
First, you will just download two files (outlined below) to get started and upload them to a new empty folder on your server. Then you will load the yoursite.com/installer.php file and input your MySQL database information and follow the directions. This will create a new WordPress installation which includes core files, plugins, theme and all settings, shortcodes, menus, and widgets used in our Twenty Sixteen themed demo.
You will need to have a MySQL hostname, user and password on hand to connect to your database (talk to your web host). You also may need to do a search and replace of our site URL (simpleintranet.org/demosite3) with your own. In some cases, you may have to update the links in the menus as well. Visit the Duplicator plugin site or post to their forum with any issues. NOTE: Some servers/hosts may not support/work with Duplicator.
You will find these 2 files below in the paid Members area which you need to download;
- Installer File – rename from installer.txt to installer.php
- Demo Archive File – approximately 26 MB
A few things you’ll want to do after loading up our demo environment;
- Firstly, you will need to login to the Members Area and copy your API Key and paste it into Dashboard / Simple Intranet / General Settings.
- Next, you may want to add your logo to the front end login screen as well as the Dashboard admin area. This can be done in Dashboard / Settings / Add Logo.
- If you have a large number of users, you can go to Dashboard / Users / Import from CSV and download a CSV template in order to upload them.
- Delete the 2 users we preloaded in the Dashboard / Users area.