Most Popular Sections;
Simple Intranet Grid View
Simple Files Search
Simple Activity Feed
Simple Dynamic Org Chart
- To add a searchable employee directory to a page or post, insert the [employees] shortcode. Limit to 25 employees per page using the limit parameter, display the search bar above the listing with email and title and location but not department search options, exclude “board” and “executive” custom groups from search pull-down, set avatar pixel width to 100, display only Subscriber roles, sort by last name in ascending order as follows:[employees limit=”25″ search=”yes” email=”yes” title=”yes” department=”no” location=”yes” search_exclude=”board,executive” avatar=”100″ group=”subscriber” sort=”last_name” order=”ASC”]
- Remove avatars on the main listing page with hide_avatar=yes
- Remove avatars on the detailed profile page with hide_avatar_profile=yes
- Remove biography with show_biography=no
- To display a pull-down menu of companies to select from, and then filter further by first or last name, email, or title use: [employees company_select=”yes” search=”yes”]
- To display a selected list of users, indicate their usernames as follows; [employees username=”admin,jsmith,bjones”]
- To display a users within a single department as defined in the user profile Department field, use; [employees department_group=”Marketing”]
- To display users within a single location as defined in the user profile Location field, use; [employees custom_location=”West Coast”].
- To search via pull-down by Location use: [employees location=”yes”]
- To display users within a single company as defined in the user profile Organization (Company) field, use; [employees company=”ABC Corporation”].
- To display a list of “sticky” users at the top of the directory, use; [employees_sticky username=”bsmith,radams”].
- To show custom search fields (up to 3 available), use the custom parameter as follows and it will display all populated search labels in the search pull-down; [employees search=”yes” custom=”yes”]. (NOTE: this simple search does not allow you to overlay extra filtering with parameters)
- To use a simple search (no pull-down menu) of all user fields; [employees search=”simple”].
- To add an organization chart of your employees, insert the [org_chart] shortcode in a post/page (less than 100 employees is recommended). To set a custom size, add width and height values such as like this:[org_chart width=’400′ height=’300′]. To add employees to the chart, visit “Users / Your Profile” and scroll down towards the bottom to change the “Organization Chart Option” which allows you to “Choose who you report to”. To make a user appear at the top of the chart, assign a user to themself. Be sure to use a full page width page template if possible.
- To display a new member/employee login form, use this shortcode: [login-form] in a post/page.
- To show content only to employees with specific roles, add content between these shortcodes: [access role=”administrator,editor”]Content for admins or editors only.[/access] in a post/page. Instead of roles, you can specify capabilities: [access capability=”si_edit_profiles”]Content only for users who can edit directory profiles.[/access].
- To show content only to logged in users, add content between these shortcodes: [is_user_logged_in]Content for admins or editors only.[/is_user_logged_in] in a post/page.
- Add an upload function in pages/posts using [upload uploadpath=”testing1″] and display it using [upload_list dir=”testing1″] (View details).
- Display a Facebook-like Activity Stream of comments using the Activity Feed widget.
- Display a list of employees using the Employees widget and a search box using the Employee Search widget.
- Display out of office notifications in the employee directory using the Out of Office widget (View details).
- The Login Form widget allows users to login to your site and show who is currently logged in.
- The Most Popular Content widget displays all posts/pages of content with the view count next to them (View details).
- The Upcoming Birthdays widget displays the photo and name of approaching birthdays within a specified number of days forward (View details).
- The Company Anniversary widget displays the photo and name of approaching company anniversaries within a specified number of days forward.
- The Employee of the Month widget displays the Employee of the Month, which is set from Users/Your Profile.
Dashboard / Simple Intranet / General Settings
- Enable/disable features to help optimize and reduce conflicts with other 3rd party plugins/themes.
Dashboard / Simple Intranet / Directory Options
- Employee biography settings for the directory, which allow permissions to view click-through detailed profiles.
- Employee Photos setting for legacy users, and international phone format options.
- Hide User Profile Fields. Check items below to hide;
- Choose a custom template with these available fields and HTML enabled:
Employee Text Replace Directory Search
Grid Directory Styles
Uncheck this box to deactivate Simple Gridview styles/CSS (maybe required for responsive themes).
Use a custom phone format (see details here).
Use Australian phone format. Use South African phone format. Use European phone format. Use French phone format.
Dashboard / Simple Intranet / Simple Intranet
Step #1: Setup An Employee Directory
a) To add an Employee Directory with photos, insert the [employees] shortcode into any page or post.
b) Add new employees (users / Add New) and upload photos (Users / Your Profile) or import users from a CSV file (Users / Import From CSV).
c) Admins can edit directory settings (Simple Intranet / Directory Options).
NOTE: It is a good practice to change your Permalinks from “Default” to “Post name” (Settings / Permalinks).
Step #2: Manage Your Events Calendar
a) Your current events calendar is found at yoursite.com/events
b) Edit your calendar settings (Events / Settings) or add events (Events / Add New) .
c) To add an event request form to the front-end, download the Community Events Add-on.
Step #3: Create Online Forms
a) Create forms via drag and drop from right column to the left (Forms / New Form).
b) Insert a form using the “Add Form” icon above the content editor of a post or page.
c) View form entries (Forms / Entries) or export and download data into a CSV(Excel) spreadsheet (Forms / Import/Export).
– View settings of your activity feed (Settings / Activity Feed) and add it to your menu (Appearance / Menu).
– Add a logo to admin and/or login areas (Settings / Add Logo).
– Restrict site access to logged in users only (Settings / Employees).
- si_delete_profile – allows user to delete their profile post (Dashboard / Biographies)
- si_delete_profiles – allows user to delete other user profile posts (Dashboard / Biographies)
- si_edit_outofoffice – allows user to edit their profile out of office options (User / Your Profile)
- si_edit_profile – allows user to edit their profile post (Dashboard / Biographies)
- si_edit_profiles – allows user to edit other user profile posts (Dashboard / Biographies)
- si_publish_profile – allows user to publish their profile post (Dashboard / Biographies)
- si_read_profile – allows user to view their profile post (Dashboard / Biographies)
Dashboard / Settings / Groups
Enable the group role manager. Yes/No
Enable the content permissions feature. Yes/No
Enable the login form widget. Yes/No
Enable the users widget. Yes/No
Redirect all logged-out users to the login page before allowing them to view the site. Yes/No
Show error message for feed items. Yes/No
Dashboard / Users / Import from CSV (sample CSV template file is available here also)
Here are the field names for each column which need to use to import into the user and usermeta tables that will populate user profiles. NOTE: You will have to reformat the birthday and anniversary columns to the YYYY-MM-DD date format prior to import and set encoding to UTF-8.
user_email (user email)
user_pass (user password)
first_name (first name)
last_name (last name)
display_name (name that is displayed)
user_url (user website which should be left blank if you want user profiles to link to detailed biographies)
role (same as “Group” which are custom roles in the Users / Groups / Add New menu)
company (business name)
title (job title)
department (company department)
address (business address)
postal (postal or zip code)
phone (main phone)
phoneext (phone extension)
mobilephone (mobile phone)
fax (fax number)
region (state or province)
description (personal biography)
twitter (twitter.com URL)
facebook (facebook.com page/URL)
linkedin (linkedin.com URL)
googleplus (googleplus URL)
custom1 (custom field 1, admins can set the custom labels in Your Profile)
custom2 (custom field 2, admins can set the custom labels in Your Profile)
custom3 (custom field 3, admins can set the custom labels in Your Profile)
hidemyemail (Yes/No values hide email from profile)
bdayoptout (Yes/No values hide birthday information on back or front end)
birthday2 (birthday in the format YYYY-MM-DD using UTF-8 encoding)
annoptout (Yes/No values hide company anniversary information)
si_office_status (true/false indicates in or out of office status)
officenotification (text value such as “I’m out of the office”)
expirytext (text value such as “Back in on ” followed by date when back in)
anniversary2 (company anniversary in the format YYYY-MM-DD using UTF-8 encoding)
exclude (Yes/No values exclude this employee from the directory)
includebio (Yes/No values display personal biography in directory)
parent (username value of the person whom this user reports to, for use in the organizational chart)
simple_local_avatar (image URL in this format (“/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/image.jpg”)
Simple Intranet Grid View Plugin (requires Simple Intranet active)
- NEW in version 2.19+: this simple search allows you to filter by any usermeta table meta_key value (eg meta_key=”value”) and sort by any usermeta table meta_key such as [employee_grid limit=”10″ search=”simple” sort=”first_name” department=”Marketing”]
- Remove avatars with “avatars=0” or remove biography with “show_biography=no”
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you use an old or incorrect shortcode parameter, then your directory may not show. Using this version, please be sure to only use the search=”simple” parameter plus a valid meta_key label (e.g. capital letters etc), otherwise it will break the grid! Also, old parameters such as email=”yes” etc must be removed since that related to old drop-down search functionality. With version 2.19+ of Simple Grid, please use only search=”simple” and a valid meta_key (columns) from the usermeta table. We recommend you start with just [employee_grid search=”simple”] and add parameters one by one to test as you go. Why did we do this? We rewrote the code to ensure a much improved search experience as well as grid load time optimizations due to widespread client feedback, so sorry for any disruption!
- To limit to show the first 12 records with employee photos 80 pixels wide & high with no search function, and displaying email and title, but not department or company for the role of Subscribers only sorted by first name in ascending order use: [employee_grid limit=12 columns=3 avatar=80 search=no email=yes title=yes department=no company=no group=subscriber sort=first_name order=asc]
- To exclude a group from the directly use [employee_grid department_exclude=”Finance”]
- To show custom search fields (up to 3 available), use the custom parameter as follows and it will display all populated search labels in the search pull-down. This example also shows how to limit to employees in a single department and search by last name as default; [employee_grid search=”yes” defaultsearch=”Last Name” custom=”yes” department_group=”Finance”].
- To use a simple search (no pull-down menu) of all user fields; [employees search=”simple”]
- To allow for a “reverse phone lookup” for phone #s or extension, use these parameters in the shortcode: [employee_grid phone=”yes” extension=”yes”]
- To display users within a single company as defined in the user profile Organization (Company) field, use; [employee_grid company=”ABC Corporation”].
- To display users within a single location as defined in the user profile Location field, use; [employee_grid custom_location=”Western Region”].
- Can use also the Simple Intranet / Directory menu setting for displaying a custom employee directory template
- Choose a custom template with these available fields and HTML enabled:
- Just add the [file] shortcode to any page or post (not more than once per page or post) and start managing your files.
- Default MIME Types – allowed file upload types
- Added MIME Types – added file upload types
- Add New – add new or delete file upload types
- User Roles – view custom roles, and edit capabilities of roles
- Add Upload Max Size – change the upload file size limit
Front-end Option Settings
- Share Email Options (From Name/E-mail, Subject and Body)
- Sort order options
- Permissions by Group or User or Public
- File Revisions options (Concurrent file revisions by single or multiple users
- Image Previews
- Multiple File Upload/Download (Ctrl/Shift Select keys)
- Tree View vs Breadcrumb view
- Private vs Public upload files
- sf_copy – allows user to copy folders/files on the front end
- sf_create_folder – allows user to create new folders on the front end
- sf_delete – allows user to delete folders/files on the front end
- sf_download – allows user to download files on the front end
- sf_options – allows user to view/edit Options panel (gear cog icon) on the front end
- sf_rename – allows user to rename folders/file names on the front end
- sf_share – allows user to share folders/files on the front end
- sf_view – allows user to view folders/files on the front end
- sf_view_media_library – allows user to view the Media Library on the back end
- sf_downloads_column – allows the user to view Download tracking on the front end
- Add file name search for your intranet using [file_search] shortcode (note: full document search is not available, we tested that and it was too resource intensive and would cause time-outs).
Simple Activity Feed Plugin
- A simple Activity Feed that uses the [si_feed] shortcode to display top to bottom thread comments and refreshes every 30 seconds
- Add this shortcode to any post or page (one instance of the shortcode is allowed per page): [si_feed]
- You can post multiple feeds to multiple pages or posts and comments will be separate
- Only the Admin can add comments to specific groups (roles) via a pull-down menu
- Users other than admins will default to seeing their own group/role of comments
- Note: You must have comments activated on the page where you place the shortcode (See Settings / Discussion as well as the Screen Options / Discussion checkbox in top right of Dashboard)
Community Events Plugin
With pretty permalinks enabled, the frontend fields are accessible at the following URLs:
Add a new event: /events/community/add/
Events list: /events/community/list/
Specific page in events list: /events/community/list/page/[num]
Edit an already-submitted event: /events/community/edit/[id] ( redirects to /events/community/list/[post-type]/id )
Delete an already-submitted event: /events/community/delete/[id]
Where /events/ is the Events calendar slug defined on the Events –> Settings –> General tab, and /community/ is the Community Events slug defined on the Community tab.
Events Calendar Pro Plugin
Extends the “Events” calendar with recurring events, custom event attributes, saved venues & organizers, venue pages, and advanced event administration.
- To add a support request form to the front-end, insert the shortcode [support] into a post or page.
Simple Featured Employee Widget Plugin
- This free add-on (required Simple Intranet core plugin) will add a Featured Employee widget to your sidebar
- The default is for the avatar to be 100 pixels (you can change that in the Widget options) and show name, title and department with a photo clickable to a detailed biography (assuming that feature is enabled in Simple Intranet settings)
- The biography will also show for a given user unless you specify text in the Widget options
Simple Page Restriction Plugin
- This plugin allows you more control by restricting access to your site by page or post, all or none
- Deactivate site-wide Privacy setting (default) in Settings / Employees first
- Dashboard / Settings / Page Restriction – Settings are available to restrict pages/posts and manage login text
Simple Intranet Login Tracking Plugin
- Visit Users / Login Log to view activity, and click on “Screen Options” in top right of Dashboard for more settings
Simple Bookings Plugin
- Add booking requests using the Bookings menu from the Dashboard or add the [booking] shortcode to any page or post.
Simple Google Calendar Event Import Plugin
- Install and activate and go to “Settings / Import Google Calendar Events” to add an XML feed
- NOTE: You must have your Google Calendar (or Google Apps Calendar) set to be shared in Setting
Simple Leave Plugin (Replaces Simple Vacation plugin)
- Add a leave request form using the [simple_leave] shortcode
- See Leave / General Settings and Leave / User Settings for more
- NOTE: Only Admins and Editor roles have full access to backend leave settings menus
- Leave/vacation categories can be created, and vacations can be added to the same category name in the Events calendar when adding from the front end and using the Simple Intranet core plugin which must be active. You can then link to a unique Vacation event calendar category.
- To see the calendar unique to this new vacation category (which is also set up as a category in Dashboard / Events / Categories where you can view it), you can see it at, for example: yoursite.com/events/category/leave where the unique vacation (or event) category slug is “leave” (assuming your base calendar URL is unchanged from the default at /events).
- In Leave / Settings you must select “Yes” next to Add vacations to the Events calendar. When editing an event in the Dashboard, you can select “Hide From Upcoming Events” in the right hand column to hide that vacation from the main event calendar.
- See Appearance / Menus and “Event Categories” to add links directly to a calendar that includes only events in a specific category
- See Dashboard / Leave menu for adding, viewing and managing vacation approvals
- See Dashboard / Leave / Settings for these options:
- Select an employee to edit: John Smith
- Select employee start date: 01/01/2014
- Select fiscal period start date: 09/01/2014
- Vacation days available per period: 14 days
- Vacation days earned up to June 18, 2014 : 6 days
- Vacation days used this period: 4 days
- Vacation days left this period: 10 days
- Change date format to DD/MM/YYYY? Yes / No
- Manually enter vacation days available (ignore employee start date and current date); Yes / No
- Hide approval details from front-end? Yes / No
- Exclude weekends from days off? Yes / No
- Add vacations to Events calendar? Yes / No
- Replace “Vacation” labels with this text; [enter text in field]
- Set default approver email; firstname.lastname@example.org (by user when selected or globally)
- Download vacations to an Excel XLS file
Admins can search by these custom post type columns using the Advanced Custom Post Search plugin:
‘title’ => __( ‘Description’ ),
’employee’ => __( ‘Author’ ),
‘vacation_type’ => __( ‘Reason’ ),
‘start_date’ => __( ‘Start Date’ ),
‘end_date’ => __( ‘End Date’ ),
‘approval’ => __( ‘Approver’ ),
‘approved’ => __( ‘Status’ ),
‘date’ => __( ‘Request Date’ ).
Simple Intranet Events Calendar Widget Plugin
- Provides the option to show event links in the standard Calendar sidebar widget.
Simple Intranet Polls Plugin
- Add a poll to a post or page or sidebar via Dashboard / Polls / Add Poll
- Customize the colours and formatting, restrict access to polls by IP/cookies
- Display results instantly or in an archive
Simple Intranet Active Directory Plugin *
- * IMPORTANT: For the Simple Intranet Active Directory Plugin, your php.ini file (PHP 5 is required) must have LDAP enabled, or you will get a “Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘adLDAPException’ with message ‘No LDAP support for PHP.” message. Consult the “readme.txt” file which is included in the download for details on installation and troubleshooting. We do not support this free plugin due to the difficulties of troubleshooting local environments/configurations. If you would like paid support, please contact the original open source developer.
Simple Google Apps Single Sign On
- This plugin allows Google Business Apps users to login to their WordPress account/intranet using their Google Apps email and password
- WordPress will then automatically create a new user with the username equal to your e-mail address and password used for Google Apps
NOTE: for 2 step Authentication in a single-click, we recommend downloading the Google Apps Login plugin from WordPress.org.
Simple Intranet Appointments Plugin
- Visitors can book their own appointments via Dashboard / Appointments
- Manage calendar appointments with clients
- Manage your entire team, create service providers and unlimited services
- Send confirmation and reminder emails to increase attendance rates
- Manage all appointments right from Google calendar
NOTE: If you are using it as a boardroom booking solution, only 1 room can be used
Simple Intranet Event Email Users Plugin
- Provides option to send emails to users when an event is added or edited (checkbox option is added below Post/Page editor)
Simple Intranet Disable CSS Plugin
- This simple plugin disables our CSS in simple-intranet/css/si_employees.css which controls much of the Employee Directory and related widget styling. You can then copy this stylesheet to your theme folder style.css file to then customize yourself.
Simple Chat Plugin
- Instantly have your logged in users chat to each other
- Control who gets to chat based on role or custom post type
- Customize the look/design of the chat box
- Enable display in bottom corner, sound, avatar or emoticons
- Private chat is available using Groups option when BuddyPress is activated
- NOTE: This is a resource heavy file and can hurt performance (go to Dashboard / Chat to manage option to increase # of seconds between updates to reduce server load)
- Turn any page into a wiki, just like MediaWiki at Dashboard / Wikis
- Allows users to edit and add content from the front-end
- Includes email notifications of updated content to users
- Create and edit e-Newsletters and send to groups of your users
- The first thing you’ll want to do is configure your settings. Click the Settings sub-menu item.
- The General Settings are pretty straightforward. But to help you set things up under the Outgoing E-mail Settings and Bounce Settings tabs, here are some handy links for default SMTP & POP settings if you’re using Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail:
- If you are using your host’s webmail services, you can get the settings you need in cPanel. Go to “Add/Remove E-mail Account(s)”. Next to the email account you want the settings for, select “Configure Email Client” from the dropdown. You’ll find all the settings you need on the page that opens next.
- Click “Create Newsletter” and choose a template and edit settings to get started
- Click “Newsletters” to see information on what newsletters have been created and are ready to be sent
- Click “Send” next to the newsletter you want to send and then choose the Groups you want to send to
- You can click “Member Groups” to set up specific sets of users to send to, and mailing lists to subscribe to
- Clicking on “Members” will allow you to manage who you have sent to and details on them
- To allow users to subscribe, see your “Appearance / Widgets” area for a widget called “eNewsletter : Subscribe” (be sure to set up Groups first)
- You can also use a shortcode to include the subscription form wherever you need it [enewsletter_subscribe]
- The shortcode has 3 parameters that you can customize.
- show_name enables/disables the “Name” field in the form for site visitors.
- show_groups enables/disables the group selection for site visitors.
- subscribe_to_groups auto-subscribes users to the groups specified by ID.
For example, the shortcode configured as follows would hide the group selection checkboxes, automatically subscribe the user to groups with the specified IDs, and ask for the visitor’s name.
[enewsletter_subscribe show_name="1" show_groups="0" subscribe_to_groups="1,5"]
- You can make your own custom newsletter themes. Simply copy an existing theme from the following folder:e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/templatesChange the name of the copied theme folder to any name you like. Then open the style.css file inside your new theme, and change the Theme Name to the same new name. Now you have your own theme that you can customize to your heart’s content.Once you are done customizing, you’ll need to upload your newsletter theme to your site. You can use either FTP for this, or the File Manager feature at your host’s cPanel or Plesk. To prevent overwriting your custom themes when you update the plugin, e-Newsletter creates a special folder for them when you activate the plugin. You’ll find the enewsletter-custom-themes folder in wp-content/uploads(+/siteID/ if activated on a single blog of a multi-site install).
Questions & Answers Plugin
- Simple Q&A provides you to display a questions and answers section similar to StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers and Quora
- After installation, be sure to first go to the Questions / Settings menu and assign some capabilities to the roles you want to display this to, including checking off options for admin. Then, go to you yoursite.com/questions/ask and add a Question etc. See the readme.txt file for more.
Simple New Employees Widget Plugin
- This New Employees widget orders by company start date as set in the User Profile area
- meta_key is “anniversary” in the usermeta table
- You can limit the number of employees shown and exclude any users based on a list of user IDs.
Simple Tiles Plugin
- Provides a photo only view of the user/employee directory which links to detailed profiles if enabled in Simple Intranet / Directory Options
- Offers a simple search function that queries all available usermeta table fields
- Sorting is available using valid usermeta table meta_key values only
- Shortcode example: [simple_tile avatar_size=”100″ grid_width=”600″ cell_width=”150″ cell_padding=”5″ search=”yes” search_form_width=”400″ search_box_width=”100″ sort=”last_name” order=”ASC”]
Simple Dynamic Org Chart
- Provides a dynamically expandable org chart with clickable avatars (if detailed bios are enabled in Simple Intranet / Directory Options)
- Uses the [simple_org_chart] shortcode
Attribute default description width 1160 (int) Canvas width height 800 (int) Canvas height mtop 40 (int) margin top mright 120 (int) margin right mbottom 20 (int) margin bottom mleft 120 (int) margin left img_w 60 (int) avatar width img_h 60 (int) avatar height